Rice porridge is a simple but common asian dish. Sometimes its used for medicinary purposes for its simplicity and ease it brings to one’s stomach. Different asian cultures, whether that be Korean, Japanese, or Chinese have their own style. For instance, Chinese ‘Kanji’ commonly uses the thousand old eggs, and traditional Korean rice porrige uses gingseng. I decided to make a rice porridge that is simple to make and is packed with vegetables, givin’ a chance to stay healthy.
1) baby Pak Choy (i prefer white because it is not as bitter as the green one)
2) Chinese soy sauce (it’s stronger than the Japanese or Korean one, but you can use anykind)
4) Ochazuke powder
6) shiitake mushrooms – a definite. it is so tasteful and has great texture that goes well with this dish.
7) cooked rice
1) oyster mushroom and white mushroom – oyster mushroom may not bring esthetic to the dish, but it does have a good flavor.
1) clean and cut baby Pak Choy into pieces and put it into a pan
2) add Chinese soy sauce and heat it on High
3) once the vegetable softens, add water
4) add Shiitake mushroom, ochazuke powder, spam, and rice into the pan.
5) heat it on High until the veggies become soft and rice becomes to whatever consistency you want
6) at the end add a beaten egg into the pan. that’s all
WE USED TO BE CUTE