Beef stew hits home to many of us who lives (or used to live) in Japan. I an attempt to relive this memory I tried to make this memorable dish.
1) fresh tomato
8) tomato ketchup
11) mozarella cheese
12) Demi-glaze sauce
1) dice the beef into bite-able sizes. Place them in a pot of boiling water, and cook it until the excess fat dissipates. Wash the beef in water and put them into a clean pot.
2) Prepare the tomato. Deskin the tomato and dice them into very small pieces. We’ll be making a tomato-based beef stew, so the smaller the piece, the easier it is to make the sauce.
3) Prepare the veggies. Cut potato, carrot, onion, and celery into size of your preference.
4) place the beef, all the veggies, and garlic into a pot containing water. Boil it until the tomato veggie stock thickens. The longer you cook, the soup will be more saturated with natural vegetable flavors.
5) Once the stock thickens, add a can of Demiglaze sauce. you can make your own demiglaze but it’s hecka complicating and time consuming. I recommend buying a can of pre-made sauce.
6) add tomato ketchup, pepper, and butter to your liking.
7) Right before serving, top the beef stew with freshly sliced mozarella cheese.
WE USED TO BE CUTE